I saw this ribbon and I had to have it. I didn't know what I was going to do with it but I loved it.
I found some coordinating fabric, I figured whatever I decided to make was going to need it. Then Amber surprised me with this beautiful hand spun, hand dyed (with Kool-aid) alpaca yarn and it matched perfectly.
I decided that with yarn this special and ribbon I was this much in love with I better make something I would use everyday.
I made a plan and got to cutting and sewing. I know it looks slightly like underwear at this point but it's not I promise.
I was so excited to get started, guess what I forgot? Yeah, the whole reason for the project in the first place. I took it apart and added the ribbon.
I always lose my cell phone in my purse so I made a little bag to keep it in. I crocheted the drawstring with the awesome yarn.
I also lose my sunglasses and keys so they got their own pockets.
It was not intended to be reversible but it can be.
I crocheted an edge and it's done. Don't worry Amber I will try to knit something with the rest. :)
It was a bit of an "If You Give A Mouse A Cookie" kind of project but it was fun.

That purse is great! I wish I could sew! {It totally did look like underwear at the beginning, I was worried about you for a moment} And I dig the book reference!
ReplyDeletePretty! You ARE allowed to crochet with the rest of the yarn though. I didn't mention, but alpaca is really warm. If you crochet a lacy scarf (with holes) it will wear warmer than it looks.
ReplyDeleteDamn Angela! I love this!! I was looking at the pattern and kept saying that is so cute...Very cool, I wish I had an OUNCE of your creativity!
ReplyDelete