The Maniac came home and started searching through the kitchen cabinets claiming the teacher told him too. Luckily I already knew the food drive was coming up and knew what he was talking about. I made him a deal. "How about I give you and your brother the same amount of money to spend and you decide what to buy?"
The class who brought in the most food got to have their picture in the hall with the title Biggest Giver.
The Maniacs strategy: He thought they would be going by which class filled the most boxes so he found the biggest thing he could the most of with his money. 30 Cup-O-Noodle soups.
The Negotiators strategy: Get as close to making a complete meal as possible considering price and things that are nonperishable. 2 boxes of mashed potato flakes, 2 cans of gravy, 2 cans of beans, and 1 can of apple sauce.
What started just as a way to keep my dinner plans in the cabinet turned out to be a really fun experience. I think the boys got a lot more out of it this way.
It turned out they counted the items and the school brought in over 1500 items with 180 students. First grade won. Fourth grade (The Maniac's class) came in second.

No comments:
Post a Comment